Saturday, October 24, 2015

Copic Color Blending Background With My Whimsical Little World


 I had so much fun this week trying a new background technique using my lovely Copics and Tim Holtz Distress Inks. The result is just gorgeous!


To find the technique I used for this background Click here.

The image I used  is a Whimsy Note by My Whimsical Little World called Spice of Life. 

It was a freebie offered in the Facebook group for My Whimsical Little World. 


My work in progress
Step One: Color Background
YR14, 12, 31, 000


Making a mess

Step Two: Ink Edges
Tim Holtz Distressed Inks
Walnut & Tea Dye

Step 3: Color in the Image
Cup: G99, YG95, G95, G94, YG99
Lid: W3, 5, 7
Words: E49
Pumpkin: YR15, 18, Y17
Leaves: E08, R56, E35

Adding texture


Step 4: Add Coffee staining

Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tea Dyed



Stampendous  Paper Texture Cube, 1993
Stampin up Coffee stamps, Retired name unknown

 Step 5: Finish it off
Cut paper to create card of desired size.
 I added some string to the top and an inside detail I distressed like above.


Must have more coffee stains!

The finished product looks professional and is just beautiful!



Have fun crafting and remember to find joy!







1 comment:

  1. You did an amazing job April! <3 I love it! Especially the contrast of colors :) Thank you for sharing the links and your card. :) :)

    ReplyDelete